Front Room Before and After!

So life has been pretty crazy over here but thats just how i like it ;0) We just recently got new carpet installed in our house (by recently i mean a couple days ago ;0) which is great considering how nasty/frightening the old stuff was! The front room was all tile...that looked like cheap bathroom tile.Nice. So we my husband and his dad had fun ripping all of that out for the carpet! Thanks guys! Anywho, so you get the full experience i will show you a few before and after pics ;0) These first ones are how we 'inherited' the front room..warning: these might hurt your eyes a little! ;0)
BEFORE
This is what it looks like NOW...after we removed wallpaper, painted the walls and the fireplace, built a mantel and got new carpet! The room isnt completely finished yet (almost) but its lookin a little better than it did ;0)
AFTER
What do you think?! We also tiled a little 5ft by 7ft entryway by the front door. It was my first attempt at tiling and i love how it turned out! Matt and i layed the tiles and i grouted it all by myself while he was at work! I will just show you a few close ups of the tile...you can see the whole thing after we get new baseboards..cause the picture will look better ;0)
Matt and i enjoy fixing up our place..we like to call it 'sweat equity.'

17 comments:

  1. It's great! And, what a difference it makes in the living room - no more cold floor and hollow sound - you'll actually want to sit in the living room!!
    The whole house looks wonderful - thanks for Skype-ing us through each room! We're SO happy for you!
    Love, Mom and Dad G. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks fabulous!! I'm sad you didn't post the pictures of you grouting :) PS, I hope your front room stays that white after the child comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Huge difference. It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a great job! It looks so clean and fresh. I love you mantle display too!
    So Cute!
    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so good! I'm sure you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I really regret not taking pictures of our house before we re-did so much. You guys are doing a great job! I love your blog and your crafting ideas! If I ever get some time, I'd love to try making those cute book shelves, thanks for the tutorial! Emily (Kramer) Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to your blog and I LOVE what you've done! I'm a bit mantel crazed so this is just perfect for me ;). (BTW-your sidebar pic of your belly is just too cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... that looks fantastic! You all did such a great job. The carpet is pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing!!! Now you've got me wanting to paint our fireplace. Its already been painted but that bright white looks so good and ours is maybe a little too dark. Way to go Gates family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are amazing! I don't think there is anything you can't do:) It looked good to me before you put the carpet in, but I'll bet it is so much warmer and inviting now. (I'd like a pic of a preggo woman 7 1/2 months along grouting the tile--what a visual:) Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your after pics are AMAZING! That is a lot of work, but well worth it!

    Thanks for entering my clock giveaway over at Stories from A to Z!
    Good luck!
    Staci at Craftify It!

    ReplyDelete
  12. IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.....your baby will be so happy in your new home. Congratulations to you and your husband ~ love your site.

    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, what a transformation!! And, I have those same tin squares you have on your mantel hanging in my "mudroom" :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the soothing colors you chose--especially the gray. Way to have the vision to make this happen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, you've given me courage to paint over our full wall 70's brick fireplace. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks fantastic. I LOVE that paint color on the mantle!

    ReplyDelete